BC Children’s and Women’s Redevelopment Project – Teck Acute Care Centre
|Location: 4480 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
Client: Provincial Health Services Authority
Mechanical Engineer: AEI Affiliated Engineers Inc.
The BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital and Teck Acute Care Centre will house patient care services from both the BC Children’s Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre to ensure that they have the facilities that they need to maintain the highest standards of care for the most complex obstetrical cases and for critically ill children from across the province. The Teck ACC will include Inpatient Units, an Emergency Department, Medical Imaging, Procedural Suites, Hematology/Oncology and Pediatric Intensive Care. It will also include a High-Risk Labor and Delivery Suite, and a Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit for BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre. Completed in the fall of 2017, the hospital will be 59,400 square metres (640,000 square feet) of clinical space on eight floors with 231 single-patient rooms.
HVAC Systems is proud to be part of this as the project designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certification, built in an environmentally responsible way, it optimizes the use of wood in the interior and exterior of the building.
A key part of HVAC System’s design features over 600,000 cfm of FANWALL Technology air handling systems along with BIOCLIMATIC electronic filters rated MERV 15 with initial pressure drop of 0.25” w.g. which was an integral part of reducing kWh’s during peak and part load demand of the building. The CLIMACOOL is 240 tons of high temperature Air Cooled Heat Pumps. We also provided CLIMACOOL 425 tons of water to water heat recovery with fail to run redundancy to serve the process cooling plant.
Interior Heart Surgical Centre
|Location: 2268 Pandosy St, Kelowna, BC V1Y 1T2
Client: Interior Health Authority
Mechanical Engineer: MMM Group
Mechanical Contractor: Lockerbie & Hole Contracting Limited
HVAC Systems is proud to be part of the team working on the Interior Heart and Surgical Centre (IHSC) building of the Kelowna General Hospital. The building will be designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certification.
A key part of HVAC System’s design was the use of FANWALL Technology®. These multiple fan modules consist of an array of smaller, quieter and more energy-efficient fans delivering the required airflow. Also, HVAC Systems will supply this Public Private Partnership (P3) project will products such as chillers and heat recovery chillers, customized energy recovery units, humidification to complete the HVAC design portion of the project.
VGH Operating Room
CLEANSUITE® System –
Creating the most efficient and effective ORs
Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC
The installation was completed in the fall of 2016.
This is Canada’s first CLEANSUITE installation used in a Hybrid Operating Room.
The CLEANSUITE Unit consisted of a fully engineered modular assembled ceiling system.
This included the LED lighting, structural supports for booms, electrical hookup, fire protection, plumbing and air distribution.
The single large diffuser provides the laminar flow for the operating area and incorporates HEPA filters with gel seals.
In addition to the pre-engineered product, the installation time is a fraction of traditional systems allowing a shorter construction time.
The operation room incorporates not only the ability to do surgical procedures but also to do medical imaging so the patient does not need to be moved.
The weather in Vancouver is cold and wet and this provides a dry comfortable spot to meet and greet some of the smartest people in scrubs.
Reduced Design and Installation Risk
- Modular, all-inclusive system centralizes the design and installation of all services and components in the ceiling system – including electrical, integral lighting, plumbing, med-gas, boom mounts, diffuser screens, filters, duct connections and optional accessories.
- Reduces timeline for design changes and approvals.
- Provides full visibility to connection points for all services prior to installation.
- Reduces exposure to jobsite change orders.
- Manufactured by Huntair in a controlled environment to stringent quality standards.
- Comes complete with all structural calculations and certifications.
- Dramatically reduces on-site coordination of trades during installation.
- Adding Huntair air handlers and controls to CLEANSUITE system provides a fully integrated solution for OR airflow, temperature, humidity, acoustics and vibration levels.
- Installs in 1/6th the time of conventional stick-built ceiling systems.
- Integrated flush lighting allows for fast sterile wipe-down.