Vancouver General Hospital Operating Room
CLEANSUITE® System –
Creating the most efficient and effective ORs
Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC
The installation was completed in the fall of 2016.
This is Canada’s first CLEANSUITE installation used in a Hybrid Operating Room.
The CLEANSUITE Unit consisted of a fully engineered modular assembled ceiling system.
This included the LED lighting, structural supports for booms, electrical hookup, fire protection, plumbing and air distribution.
The single large diffuser provides the laminar flow for the operating area and incorporates HEPA filters with gel seals.
In addition to the pre-engineered product, the installation time is a fraction of traditional systems allowing a shorter construction time.
The operation room incorporates not only the ability to do surgical procedures but also to do medical imaging so the patient does not need to be moved.
The weather in Vancouver is cold and wet and this provides a dry comfortable spot to meet and greet some of the smartest people in scrubs.
Reduced Design and Installation Risk
- Modular, all-inclusive system centralizes the design and installation of all services and components in the ceiling system – including electrical, integral lighting, plumbing, med-gas, boom mounts, diffuser screens, filters, duct connections and optional accessories.
- Reduces timeline for design changes and approvals.
- Provides full visibility to connection points for all services prior to installation.
- Reduces exposure to jobsite change orders.
- Manufactured by Huntair in a controlled environment to stringent quality standards.
- Comes complete with all structural calculations and certifications.
- Dramatically reduces on-site coordination of trades during installation.
- Adding Huntair air handlers and controls to CLEANSUITE system provides a fully integrated solution for OR airflow, temperature, humidity, acoustics and vibration levels.
- Installs in 1/6th the time of conventional stick-built ceiling systems.
- Integrated flush lighting allows for fast sterile wipe-down.